Yoga for Athletes and Sports Teams:
More athletes are practicing yoga as a way to stay active in sports and competitive activities longer – reducing injuries and improving focus!
Yoga offers many physical & mental benefits including improved focus, reduced stress levels and greater ease in movement. It is an excellent practice to combat repetitive stress injuries or postural imbalances that occur. Other benefits include: promotes teamwork, a way for players to engage with each other, relationship building, instills playfulness in tense competitive environments.
More professional and amateur sports teams are adding yoga as a component of their overall training. The many benefits of yoga are life long. Yoga helps to counter the impact that participating in competitive sport can have on your physical body. Yoga also helps to build strength, flexibility and balance in the body. Breathing techniques can help to calm nerves and increase focus prior to competition.
Benefits of Yoga for Athletes & Teams:
• Reduces stress, anxiety and fatigue
• Reduces muscle tension and pain
• Increases energy and vitality
• Improves memory, mental clarity and concentration
• Improves posture, muscle tone and flexibility
• Improves overall health, resulting in less sick-days and absences
• Reduces back, neck and shoulder pain
• Increases motivation and efficiency
• Improves morale amongst team members
• Increases core strength, improves balance and coordination
What you need:
• An open and comfortable space suitable for your group size. Gymnasium or auditoriums or an open outdoor space are all popular options
• Each person will need a yoga mat and comfortable clothing
• $140 per session – 3 teams back to back with up to 20 players/team ($7 per player)
• $150 per session – 2 teams back to back with up to 20 players/team ($7.50 per player)
• $160 per session – 1 teams with up to 20 players/team ($8 per player)
*based on a minimum 4 week session
Sessions are 60 minutes in length and tailored to each individual teams’ needs.
Individual assessments and private therapeutic sessions are also available
Don’t see what you are looking for? Contact me for a custom quote that will meet your needs!
Ceiba Tree Yoga
stay up-to-date with our classes, upcoming workshops and events by signing up for our Ceiba Tree Yoga eNewsletter: